A common myth about metal roofing is that it costs more than common roofing materials, like asphalt.
A metal roof usually costs more than an asphalt roof here in northern Wisconsin and Michigan’s UP. However, over time, the total investment is less with cold-weather protection from damage, low maintenance, long life, and home value. It’s time to examine the true cost of an American Metal Roof vs. Asphalt.
True Cost: Metal Roofing vs. Asphalt
Winter Roof Damage from Ice and Snow
Asphalt roofing offers no protection from the build-up of ice dams and snow on your roof.
- Proper ventilation with our metal roofs manages snow loads.
- Our metal roofing systems prevent leaks and ice dams from forming in your gutters.
- Our cold weather roof installation ensures the protection of your home…even in the middle of winter.
Asphalt roofing requires frequent repair and upkeep costs, including yearly inspection.
- Our metal roofing is maintenance-free.
- The warranted protection of the largest, most exposed area of your home includes weather resistance and an entire system of durability.
- Metal roofing products maintain their beauty and strength for a lifetime.
Asphalt roofs need replacement every 10 – 12 years.
- Our metal roofs are warranted to last for a lifetime.
Asphalt roofs begin deteriorating the very day of installation. Curling, fading, loss of granules, and streaking all detract from the attractiveness of your home and the performance value of your roof.
- The lasting curb appeal of a beautiful metal roof is unmatched.
- Homeowners know that they have a transferable warranty when they sell, adding value to the home and attractiveness to buyers.
American Metal Roof true cost? Lower than asphalt with a lifetime of benefits.
It is a myth that a metal roof is more expensive than an asphalt roof. Asphalt roofs fail. In the long run, you will invest in your home for a lifetime and not simply spend ongoing maintenance and replacement costs.
When you’re ready to talk about a permanent roofing solution for your home, we’re here to help.