How Can You Prepare for Roof Storm Damage?
Fall is full of wind and rain here in Northern Wisconsin. Weather systems can converge on us quickly and leave roof damage in their trail. Protecting your roof means protecting your home and all it contains. What can you do to prepare?
What to do before the storm:
Unfortunately, you can’t do much to prepare your roof when a wind, rain, or snowstorm is imminent. There are few things you can do to help minimize the coming damage.
- Clean your gutters so that water has a way to escape your rooftop without backups.
- Trim trees to keep limbs and branches from falling on your house.
- Remove all sources of debris from your yard.
- Secure anything that may become wind-borne and cause harm.
- Do what you can to prevent or catch leaks in compromised areas.
Once you prepare your roof, you have to trust the quality of the installation and the material.
What to do after the storm:
The best course of action when dealing with a damaged roof is caution. Roofs can leak, be unsafe to walk on, and have less obvious damage. Although missing shingles, holes in the roof, or a torn-off roof may be obvious, smaller penetrations, structural damage, and leaks are harder to spot.
Finding a qualified contractor to inspect your roof is essential to ensure that your roof is safe and sound for you and your family. Don’t hire just anyone willing to get on your roof. You don’t want any damage to go unnoticed.
Winter storms are next: get ready.
If it’s time to replace your roof, consider an American Metal roof; better suited to northern Wisconsin and Michigan’s UP severe weather.
- An American Metal Roof can deal with hurricane-strength winds while asphalt blows right off.
- Our Interlocking panels and concealed fasteners prevent leaks and stabilize your roof.
- Get a roof that manages snow and ice dams like no other.
- Don’t settle for a temporary solution. Choose a lifetime of storm protection.
When you’re ready for a metal roof, we’re here.
As a professional metal roofing contractor serving homeowners in northern Wisconsin and the Upper UP, we can help prepare your home for the next storm and those that follow.
Now is the perfect time to have your new American Metal Roof installed before winter. Don’t procrastinate. Please reach out to us for a free, no-obligation metal roofing consultation.