Metal roofing is a general term covering a broad scope of options, products, and choices. However, we’re here to dig further into one of the best options: standing seam roofing. If you’re curious about the purpose and benefits of standing seam roofing or want to learn more about it, then you should check out this quick guide.
What Is Standing Seam Roofing?
Standing seam roofing is a concealed fastener roofing system with a broad, flat area between two vertical or trapezoidal legs. Essentially, standing steam roofing is a series of panels locked together at the seam. The main idea to remember with this roofing system is that it hides the fasteners to avoid weather damage.
The Purpose of Standing Seam Roofing
The purpose of standing seam roofing is to offer protection against snow, ice, and hail. Generally, homeowners opt for this metal roofing material because it’s highly durable with low maintenance. As previously mentioned, standing seam roofing hides fasteners, making them resistant to heavy wind and impact damage. UV exposure and moisture can’t cause typical wear and tear to hidden fasteners that exposed fasteners face.
The Benefits of Standing Seam Roofing
Standing seam roofing has amazing benefits that can entice various homeowners. Check out some of the benefits here.
- Durability: Standing seam metal roofs weigh less than asphalt shingles while providing better protection against snow, ice, wind, and hail. Metal roofing won’t crack, warp, or rot, making it highly durable.
- Visual appeal: Standing seam roofing instantly transforms the appearance of homes. The sleek design adds to curb appeal, and people consider standing seam roofing to be a great-looking metal roofing choice.
- Low maintenance needs: Generally, metal roofs are great low-maintenance choices. However, you also don’t have to worry about fastener damage with standing seam roofing.
- Energy-efficiency: Due to the fact that a cool-roofing coil coated with highly reflective paints comprises it, standing seam roofing can reflect sun rays effectively. This feature allows your home to stay comfortable during the summer (and can help you reduce cooling costs).
- Wide option range: You can select your metal roof’s color, style, and shape. With several options, you can make your standing seam roof fit your home’s aesthetic.
After reading about the purpose and benefits of standing seam roofing, we hope you consider this roofing option. If you’re searching for a roofing company, you should contact American Metal Roofs of Northern Wisconsin. Our team of expert roofers can help you select the roof that’s right for your home! Click here for a quote!