We often get a call or email with the questions, “What is the price of a metal roof?” and “Is the old saying true that if you have to ask, you probably can’t afford it?”
In many cases, we would agree with this saying. However, it could not be further from the truth regarding our lifetime metal roofing.
Lifetime metal roofs are installed on homes all over the world and have been for centuries. Here, in northern Wisconsin and Michigans UP, metal roofs are installed every day..even in winter. The level of interest is higher than ever.
If the price were not affordable, then why are so many people purchasing them? Here’s one reason:
On average, an asphalt roof needs replacement every 12 years.
The asphalt roof’s material and labor costs will be at least twice as much when it’s time for a replacement. Consider the cost of stripping off and disposing of the old roof, then purchasing and installing a new asphalt roof twice over the next 12 years. That’s expensive. The question we are answering is the life cycle cost. What is the actual cost of owning a metal roof versus the standard asphalt roof that most people end up settling for?
The asphalt roof cost over the 12 years will be significantly more than the lifetime aluminum metal roof. Yes, the metal roof’s initial price is more, but the true cost of ownership is far less. The 12 -year cost of ownership is less with metal than it is with asphalt. There is no additional cost with metal, as it is maintenance-free. The cost of ownership of an asphalt roof, and all the problems associated with it, skyrockets compared to metal.
There are other lifetime benefits of our metal roofs that asphalt will never have:
- Made from recycled materials and completely recyclable, our roofs will not end up in a landfill.
- You gain energy savings over the life of the roof.
- Solar ready, our metal roofs will outlast your solar panels and will be ready for the next installation.
- With no streaks or mold, the beautiful finishes last a lifetime.
- In addition to curb appeal, houses with metal roofs often sell faster.
- Interlocking panels and concealed fasteners add beauty and strength.
- Our metal roofs stand up to rain, wind, hail…and snow and eliminate ice damns.
If you’d like to learn more about how Metal compares to Asphalt, read more here. If you’d like to learn more about the true cost of your next roofing decision, we’re here to help.